Footnote 1: Of first month celebrations, 5,000 hits and Versatile Blogger Awards
It’s The Background Story‘s first month, and we hit our target of 5,000 hits! We don’t know how that happened, but somehow it did.
The past month has been an amazing journey for us. We launched The Background Story on Oct. 22, just a few weeks ago, yet it feels like we’ve been doing this for a long time now. Technically, that is true. The photographers in our team have been taking photos and the writers have been dabbling in creative writing for years. On top of that, the blog took six months (or maybe even more) to plan. For some reason, things just didn’t work out for us; something was always in our way. But perhaps, things do happen for a reason, because when it was time for us to officially start the blog, things just fell into place like puzzle pieces coming together.
Of course, it wasn’t always easy. We discovered that it took a lot of effort. Blogging is more than posting an entry and going offline after. Blogging is about meeting people, connecting with them, and building relationships. We didn’t mind the extra effort, though — and we still don’t — because it allowed us to virtually meet amazing people oozing with talent, wit and creativity. 🙂
But it got better for us because these people whose work we admire appreciate the work that we do. We’ve been nominated twice for the Versatile Blogger Award in the same day, and we want to celebrate our blog’s first month by paying it forward.
The Rules: Rule 1 – Thank the person(s) who nominated you for the award.
We’ve been nominated by Angry Pear. This blog, simply put, is hilarious. It’s a comic blog about a grumpy pear (yes, a pear) who complains about the littlest things in her life. They’re all random but very true.
We’ve been nominated, too, by A Gap in the Clouds. This poetry blog has lots of lovely poems with great rhythm. All they need is a melody and they could be songs you hear on the radio.
Rule 2 – List seven things people may not know about you:
1) We are a team of two photographers and two writers.
2) We’re all 80s babies. We’re part of the class of ’98. We still get horrified that the phrase “fifteen years ago” now conjures vivid teenage memories in our minds. Weren’t we teenagers just yesterday? Apparently, not.
3) We all have strong roots in the sciences but we prefer to fly on our artistic wings.
4) C isn’t moved by Adele‘s music, and sometimes, she wonders why because she usually likes ballads.
5) A lives near a beautiful beach but she doesn’t enjoy going on boat rides. She prefers to ride on her yellow bike along the shore instead.
7) M is very particular about toilets. He can go anywhere in the world as long as there is a functioning toilet nearby. This means he hasn’t been on a hardcore camping trip yet, and he doesn’t think he will ever join one for precisely that reason.
Rule 3 – Nominate 15 blogs you think should receive this award.
Here are our favorite blogs which we believe deserve the recognition. They cover a variety of topics, but they are all wonderful! In alphabetical order:
1,000 Awesome Things – humor
Ayakashi Memoirs – poetry and photography
Becoming Herself – poetry
Belfastdavid – poetry
I Wrote This for You – poetry and photography
Iron Wulf – travel
Journey Into Poetry – poetry
Lakwatsero – travel
Live, Nerd, Repeat – humor
Mimo’s 365 – photography
Poetry and Ice Cream – poetry
Seasonings – poetry
Sole Sisters – travel
The Kayumanggi Trails – travel
The Purple Doll – food
Okay, so that’s it for now! Hope to see you all again when our blog hits its first birthday next year! 😀